I have so many ace recipes sitting around that are essentially super easy; lots of things waiting to share with you while I have been out of action. Here’s a pearler: strawberry coconut paleo vegan icecream. It fits into lots of boxes 🙂 It’s also sugar free if you choose for it to be.
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cans of coconut milk
2 Tablespoons of Arrowroot Powder or Cornflour [Arrowroot for smoother texture and consistency in the end product]
**You can also add 1/4-1/2 cup of Coconut Nectar for sweetening x
6 Steps to Strawberry Coconut Vegan Icecream
1. Wash your strawberries, rinse them in vinegar if they aren’t organic and re-rinse with water
2. Whizz them up in a blender or use a mortar and pestle to get a puree (love how this looks)
3. Whisk the arrowroot powder/cornflour 1/2 cup of the coconut milk to get a smooth distribution without any lumps
4. Then heat up the rest of the coconut milk until just before boiling: at which point add a teaspoon of vanilla extract, a pinch of himalayan salt, a sweetener if you so choose and whisk in the arrowroot/cornflour mix which will help create a smooth custard
5. Chill the 2 mixes overnight: strawberry blend and custard icecream base
6. Then mix the strawberry puree with the chilled coconut custard and place in an ice cream maker to churn
I have made a whole lot of homemade icecream both dairy and vegan and each time I always believe that the best time to online pharmacy no prescription ratings eat the mix is immediately. Though the arrowroot is supposed to assist with the icecream being creamier, and there are tips and hints galore for storage; it just doesn’t do the same justice as eating it freshly churned.
The flavour of this simple mix is bursting and refreshing and as I chose not to sweeten it, works really well with a coconut oil and cacao chocolate drizzle over it too! Enjoy x